Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 10 Picks!

Well, I start out this week 0-1 after the Ravens blew a perfect opportunity to cement their status as the number one team in football, but lets see if I can bounce back from that to put together my third solid week in a row.

Home team in CAPS

Lines courtesy of sportsbetting.com

Tennessee (-1.5) over MIAMI

Chad Pennington does not scare me. Kerry Collins does, but only a little. I'm still taking the Titans though.

CHICAGO (+1) over Minnesota

Neither team is good, and Chicago is home, plus they are slight underdogs, so I'll gladly pick against Brett Favre.

New York Jets (-3) over CLEVELAND

I don't think Cleveland is good enough to knock off two superior teams in a row. And the Jets will not overlook them the way the Patriots did.

TAMPA BAY (-7) over Carolina

Carolina is just so bad that any team that is even mediocre should blow them out.

Kansas City (-1.5) over DENVER

I am not confident in this, but I just think Denver is a really bad football team, so KC should pull it off, even on the road in Denver.

St. Louis (+6) over SAN FRANCISCO

I don't get this line, but I'll have no problem betting against the Niners in this one. And I will STILL be wrong.

ARIZONA (-3.5) over SEATTLE

What a garbage football game. Charlie Whitehurst vs. Max Hall. Fans should get a refund. Probably the worst game we've had all season.

Dallas (+14) over NEW YORK GIANTS

I just don't feel comfortable picking the Giants as 14 point favorites over anyone, even this pitiful Dallas team. The teams know each other well enough that it should be closer than that.

New England (+5) over PITTSBURGH

I think Pittsburgh will win, but its certainly not inconceivable that the Pats pull it off, and it should be closer than 5. Tom Brady always comes back strong after a loss, and I see it here again, even if I think they come up just short.

Philadelphia (-3) over WASHINGTON

I don't feel comfortable picking Washington against a contender unless they are getting a TD+. That is not the case here.


Second Runner Up Lock of the Week

INDIANAPOLIS (-7) over Cincinnati

So the Bengals are finally getting a touchdown+ from Vegas. Nope, still not enough for me to take them over Indy.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week

Detroit (+3) over BUFFALO

How is Detroit a three point dog to a team that hasn't won a game? Its almost too obvious, but I'm taking the Lions to improve to 8-1 against the spread on the season.

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Houston (+1.5) over JACKSONVILLE

Jacksonville is a pitiful team. This game should not even be close, and Houston is getting points?!?!? I'm puzzled.


Last Week: 9-3-1
Overall: 69-55-6
Lock Picks: 13-12-2

No comments:

Post a Comment