Friday, December 10, 2010

Back to business... Week 14 Picks

I hope you all enjoyed my little article on the Carl Crawford deal. But now, its back to football. Stupid Titans and their last play, last second, COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS touchdown cost me a betting win last night. They couldn't depress me more right now. Anyway, rant over, on with the picks.

Home team in CAPS

Lines courtesy of sportsbetting.com

JACKSONVILLE (-4) over Oakland

Every gambling stat points to the Jaguars in this one. Oakland is on the road, traveling cross country to play a 1:00 game. Plus, Jacksonville is just better at this point.

Cincinnati (+9) over PITTSBURGH

I never pick the Bengals, but this one could easily be a trap game for the Steelers, plus it should be low scoring and at least close. 9 points is way too high.

CHICAGO (+3) over New England

The Pats did put an other-worldly beat down on the Jets on Monday, but this is a hangover game, on a short week, in below 0 weather. I think the home team has a distinct advantage here.

Cleveland (+1) over BUFFALO

This game is going to be the Peyton Hillis show all day long, and that should mean the Browns will win.

MINNESOTA (+3) over New York Giants

I liked the way the Vikings looked last week, but I really have no idea what will happen in this game. So I'll bet against Eli Manning.

Green Bay (-7) over DETROIT

The Lions have hit a bit of a stumbling block in their cover streak, and the Packers are going to be focused and desperate. Should be a breeze for Aaron Rodgers.

SAN DIEGO (-7) over Kansas City

Desperation game for San Diego, and that doesn't bode well for the less talented Chiefs.

NEW ORLEANS (-10) over St. Louis

I like the Saints here because I think most people will take the points, but I think the Rams are awful on the road, and the Superdome will have Sam Bradford extremely rattled.

Seattle (+5.5) over SAN FRANCISCO

Two awful teams so I will take the points

NEW YORK JETS (-5) over Miami

The Jets simply MUST bounce back and win this game. I don't see any way they blow it, unless they are truly just a mediocre football team. I don't think they are, but we will find out on Sunday.

DALLAS (+3.5) over Philadelphia

the Cowboys have to be taken seriously since Garett took over the team. I think they can win this one.

Baltimore (-2.5) over HOUSTON

Because Baltimore is a vastly better team than Houston, and the game just shouldn't be close.


Second Runner-Up Lock of the Week

Atlanta (-9) over CAROLINA

Because whenever the best team in the league is playing the worst team in the league, you have to take the best team in the league, no matter how many points they are giving.



First Runner-Up Lock of the Week

Denver (-4.5) over ARIZONA

Wait, you mean John Skelton is the Arizona Cardinals starting quarterback? Say no more!


LOCK OF THE WEEK

Tampa Bay (-2) over WASHINGTON

LaGarett Blount is going to take this game by storm, and the Bucs should have no issues dismantling the awful Redskins, who seem to have quit on their season.

Last Week: 10-6
Overall: 102-84-6
Lock Picks: 20-17

No comments:

Post a Comment