Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 15 Picks

Last week sucked, a ghastly 6-10. I really need a strong week to rebound this week. Let's see if I can go 11-5 or better.

Home team in CAPS
Lines courtesy of sportsbetting.com

ST. LOUIS (-3) over Kansas City

St. Louis is good at home and Matt Cassel might not play. I'll take the favorite.

Jacksonville (+4.5) over INDIANAPOLIS

Why can't the Jags win this game? They won last time these two met, they are going to have the "nobody believes in us" fire, and the Colts are still banged up. The Jags will keep this very close.

Arizona (+2.5) over CAROLINA

Arizona whooped a slightly better team last week. And how can anyone pick the Panthers? How can they be favored? I'm sorry but Jimmy Clausen is just not an NFL quarterback.

Buffalo (+5) over MIAMI

I don't think Miami is 5 points better than the Bills at this stage. That's all there is to it.

NEW YORK GIANTS (-3) over Philadelphia

I think the Giants have something to prove in a revenge game here. The defense should be able to put up a strong fight and win the game.

TAMPA BAY (-4) over Detroit

Tampa Bay is a team that knows how to beat bad teams, and while this should be fairly close, I think they can win by 6 or 7.

BALTIMORE (-2) over New Orleans

This is a game where I think the home field really matters. If it were being played in New Orleans, they would be favored and I would take them. But Baltimore at home in cold weather should show that they can beat anyone in the league.

Atlanta (-6.5) over SEATTLE

As an elite team, the Falcons need to blow out teams like the Seahawks. I'm a strong believer in this team, so I have to roll with them.

New York Jets (+4.5) over PITTSBURGH

This Jets team will be desperate for a win and there is no Troy Polamalu. I think that is enough for them to at the very least keep it within a field goal.

OAKLAND (-7.5) over Denver

Tim Tebow is not ready to lead an NFL team to a win, at least that's my opinion. And Denver was simply awful last week. I don't see how they get much better against a better Oakland team on the road.

Green Bay (+14) over NEW ENGLAND

I don't think there is a chance for Green Bay to win the game, but 2 touchdowns is a lot of points to lay to anyone. I just don't think the Pats are two TDs better than the Pack, even with Matt Flynn at QB.

Chicago (-8) over MINNESOTA

This one is all about the QB situation for Minnesota. Who is Joe Webb, where did he come from, and how is he going to have a prayer of keeping his team competitive against a good Bears team looking to bounce back from a beatdown? I can't see it.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week

Cleveland (PK) over CINCINNATI

Picking against the Bengals has been good all year, roll with it.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week

DALLAS (-9) over Washington

Rex Grossman is starting for the Redskins.

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Houston (+1.5) over TENNESSEE

There is NO reason that the Titans should be favored here. They really can not play without Vince Young. The losing streak continues, and Jeff Fisher starts getting his resume ready.

Last Week: 6-10
Overall: 108-94-6
Lock Picks: 21-19

No comments:

Post a Comment