Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2 Picks

No Power Rankings as of yet, because I don't like to do them until we get a couple of games under our collective belts. Their's simply not enough separation between the teams after one week to write an effective PR column. Maybe next week, definitely by week 4. Here we go with my picks for tomorrow's games.

GREEN BAY PACKERS (-13) over Buffalo Bills

The Packers suffered a major blow to their offense, losing Ryan Grant in week one, and its going to be up to Brandon Jackson to step in and fill his shoes, but the Bills have an absolutely terrible rush defense. He should do fine here. I don't care how many points the spread is, I think Green Bay is the best in the league, and Buffalo might be the worst. Two touchdowns might be easy for the Packers.

Chicago (+7.5) over DALLAS

I think Chicago is a little better than Washington on both sides of the ball, and they managed to beat Dallas. I just don't see how not to take the underdog here. Maybe Dallas will come out firing on all cylinders, but after what I saw last week, I won't be trusting them until I see it.

TENNESSEE (-5.5) over Pittsburgh

The Titans were very easy money last week, and while I don't think the Steelers will be push-overs like the Raiders were, but without Big Ben, its going to be tough for them to hang with a very good Tennessee team on the road. Titans advance to 2-0.

DETROIT (+7) over Philadelphia

The Eagles will start Michael Vick at quarterback this week, his first start since being convicted of dog fighting, and I really don't trust that he will be in mid-season form. He does get an easy opponent to start off with, but I think the Lions actually have a shot at pulling the upset here. They should have won last week, but Calvin Johnson didn't know enough to actually hold onto the football, as I'm sure you've seen by now. The NFL needs to adapt their rules to account for Megatron's freakish hands. Detroit keeps it close here.

CAROLINA (-3) over Tampa Bay

Carolina at home against a bad Tampa team? Whats not to like? I know the Giants dismantled the Panthers last week, but that showed me more about the Giants than the Panthers. I still think Tampa is no good, and really like that Carolina is only giving 3.

ATLANTA (-6.5) over Arizona

Man Arizona looked bad against the Rams didn't they? Can't wait to see what Atlanta can do against a really weak defense. I;m very interested in the outcome here. If Atlanta is going to make the playoffs, its games like this that they need to handle with ease.

Miami (+6) over MINNESOTA

I predict a low scoring game with Miami coming out on top. Brett Favre looked out of practice, out of sync, and old against the Saints. They were only in that game because of their defense. They will be in this one here as well, but it will remain close, even if they do pull off the win. So I'll definitely take 6.

St. Louis (+3.5) over OAKLAND

Short and sweet, two terrible teams, take the points. Plus, St. Louis looked ok last week.

Seattle (+3.5) over DENVER

Yeah, this may be an overreaction to Seattle just brutally thrashing the Niners in week one, but so what? Its not like Denver is any good either. At least they didn't show that they were in week one. I'll take those points, and see if this Seattle team could be for real.

SAN DIEGO (-7) over Jacksonville

A very tough call for me, because I think Jacksonville has the ability to put up a fight, I just think this is almost a must win for San Diego. They need to bounce back against an inferior team and keep their footing in the division. I know its way too early for anything to be a real must win, but they will be fired up to show everyone the Kansas City game wasn't the real Chargers.

NEW YORK JETS (+3) over New England

Did the Patriots look good in week one? Of course! Were they playing a bad team, Absolutely! At least in my opinion. they are going to get punched in the mouth this week against their rival Jets. Its going to be loud in that stadium, and the Jets need this one. The Ravens (better than New England) barely got by New York, and I think the Jets take a close battle dominated by field goal kickers, 20-19.

INDIANAPOLIS (-5.5) over New York Giants

So Indy didn't look all that great in week one, at least on defense. But New York doesn't have the running game Houston had in week one either. Points are going to be through the roof in this one, and I think the older of the Manning's bests his brother by a touchdown.

New Orleans (-6) over SAN FRANSISCO

Yes, I'm bitter. San Francisco cost me money. I just can't bring myself to pick them this week. Its that simple in this Monday night match-up.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week

Houston (-3) over WASHINGTON

Two teams who's stock rose significantly in week one, but I will take the one that beat the better team, the Texans. I'm not ready to overvalue Washington yet. Give me that high powered offense with newfound fantasy gold Arian Foster.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week

Kansas City (+3) over CLEVELAND

I really don't understand how the Browns are favored in this game. Is it the short week? The road factor? Or do they just not buy the Chiefs after their win of San Diego last week. I don't see any reason why KC wouldn't beat the lowly Browns, comfortably.

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Baltimore (-2.5) over CINCINNATI

Its easy for me to pick this game, because I think the Bengals stink. On top of that, I think the Ravens are really, really good. So add 2 and 2 together, you should get 4 every time. Ravens take this one easily.

Last Week: 8-5-3
Season: 8-5-3
Lock Picks: 2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment