Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 4 Picks

My worst week of the season last week, with a .500 record. Lets try to get back on the right track in week 4.

Home team in CAPS

TENNESSEE (-7) over Denver

Tennessee is giving a touchdown at home coming off a big win over the Giants. They are a much better team than Denver, especially when Denver doesn't have their top running back (who also happens to be their best weapon on offense). I don't see them hanging with the Titans on the road.

Baltimore (-2.5) over PITTSBURGH

This goes against my better judgement, as Pittsburgh has played like the best team in football and have the homefield, but I am taking the underdog team that I think has the talent to put up a fight. It should be a close game either way, and I think the Ravens can win. I sure hope they can, or my Super Bowl pick is already looking very shaky.

CLEVELAND (+3) over Cincinnati

I can't take a mediocre team on the road giving three points. This has a classic upset game feel. I know the Browns are bad, but they g=have showed a little something in their three games and I think they get their first win in this one.

Detroit (+14.5) over GREEN BAY

I almost always pick Green Bay. But I just don't think they are more than two touchdowns better than the Detroit Lions. By no means do I think the Lions are going to pull this upset, but can they stay withing 14? I think so.

NEW ORLEANS (-13.5) over Carolina

This, however, is a game that I think could get ugly. With Jimmy Clausen at quarterback for Carolina, I think they have already admitted they are going nowhere this season. Expect lots of INTs and lots of points for the Saints in this one.

San Francisco (+7) over ATLANTA

Lets see what happpens. I really have no clue what to do when it comes to the 49ers. So this week, I am going to pick them and see if they can keep it close in Atlanta. Maybe the new offensive Coordinator will make all the difference. Probably not...

Seattle (-1.5) over ST. LOUIS

Likely without Steven Jackson, the best player on the team,New and still only point and a half dogs? Kind of confused by the line. I know Seattle is awful on the road, but St. Louis is awful everywhere. I think Seattle wins this, even if it stays close, its an easy line to cover.

New York Jets (-6) over BUFFALO

The Bills showed something against the Patriots last week, but I think that was more about how awful the Patriot defense is, rather than anything positive about the Bills. Now they get to play a fantastic defense, and I doubt they can do anything to stop LT and Shonn Greene. Jets roll here.

Houston (-3.5) over OAKLAND

I don't like Oakland, and I do like Houston. I just think talent-wise, Houston should crush the Raiders. Why they are only giving three and a half is beyond me. Are the Raiders really that good at home? Their record hasn't shown it in the past few years.

SAN DIEGO (-9) over Arizona

This line is just about right. I'm going with San Diego because I think the likelihood of a blowout is much higher than the likelihood of an Arizona win. Phillip Rivers has a big game teeing off against an awful Arizona team that can't score any points.

PHILADELPHIA (-5.5) over Washington

Donovan McNabb returns to Philly for the first time and I don't see it going very well for him. This is the last game that I see Michael Vick having a stellar game, and then it could get ugly for him, but against a very mediocre Redskins team, the Eagles should win at home by at least a touchdown.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week

MIAMI (+1.5) over New England

In the heat of Miami on a Monday night, New England is going to have the same problems they had against the Jets. The Dolphins don't present quite as strong a defense as New York, but the offense is even better. Chad Henne is in for a big game against the pitiful defense of the Patriots. Miami is just the better team at this point, and they give New England fits, especially when they are exhausted in the second half of this one.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week

Indianapolis (-7) over JACKSONVILLE

I don't get this one AT ALL. Jacksonville is just a bad team, playing a borderline elite team in the Colts. I really expected this line to be about 13. How can I not take Peyton Manning in this one?

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Chicago (+3.5) over NEW YORK GIANTS

I had to stare at this line for a couple of minutes. Not because the game was hard to pick, but because I thought there had to be a mistake. How are the 3-0 Bears, who just beat the Green Bay Packers, 3 and a half point dogs to the garbage New York Giants who just got obliterated by Tennessee? This is my Lock of the Week, and nothing else came close to taking that title.

Last Week: 8-8
Overall: 26-18-4
Lock Picks: 4-4-1

No comments:

Post a Comment