Saturday, October 23, 2010

Week 7 Picks

The NFL is a cruel, unpredictable mistress. Sometimes, there is just no rhyme or reason to her ways. I had the worst week of my picking career last week, after a steady string of .500 weeks. It was brutal. The only good I took away from the week was a 30-3 drubbing that Tennessee laid on the Jaguars. Honestly, I'm just going to chalk up last week as a fluke. That's why I'm not doing a power rankings this week (well that and being slammed with other work and getting no sleep all week).

One thing I will say though, pound the overs this week. The officials are going to be over-reacting left and right on every hit that is even close to illegal, meaning 15 yard penalties galore. If you bet over/unders, this week was built for you.

Home team in CAPS

Lines courtesy of sportsbetting.com

Pittsburgh (-3) over MIAMI

Don't see any reason why they wouldn't win this game. They are probably the best team in football right now.

KANSAS CITY (-9) over Jacksonville

This game is off over at Sportsbetting, but I found this on another site so I'm rolling with it. The Jags are on their third string quarterback, this should be an EASY win for KC.

TENNESSEE (-3) over Philadelphia

Both teams performed very well last week, but I just think Tennessee is better overall. Should be some fireworks here though, a good one to watch.

CHICAGO (-3) over Washington

Because Chicago is due for a good game, and Washington is due for a stinker.

Cleveland (+13) over NEW ORLEANS

Because I haven't picked an underdog yet, and Colt McCoy looked good in his first start.

BALTIMORE (-13) over Buffalo

This game could be a shutout. Ed Reed is back in business for Blatimore, and the Bills are simply awful.

CAROLINA (+3) over San Francisco

Because I HATE San Francisco.

TAMPA BAY (-3) over St. Louis

I'm still holding out hope that the Rams won't win 5 games, so really this is wishful thinking in a game that no one in their right mind would want to watch.

SAN DIEGO (-2.5) over New England

They are extremely desperate and I'm still not totally sold on the Patriots. Plus they play infinitely better at home and Phillip Rivers is bound to be pissed off, so I like them.

Oakland (+7.5) over DENVER

Everyone and their mother is picking the Broncos, but hell, who says Kyle Boller can't come out and shock the world. This is the NFL we are living in people!!!

Minnesota (+3) over GREEN BAY

It is physically painful for me to pick the completely overrated and joke of a team led by Brett Favre over my Super Bowl pick, but, the Packers are just too beat up. The Vikings catch them at the PERFECT time.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week

SEATTLE (-6.5) over Arizona

Max Hall on the road in the league's toughest environment? I don't like that combination. the Seattle defense dominates this one.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week

DALLAS (-3.5) over New York Giants

The Giants almost lost to the Detroit Lions... who were playing their THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK. Dallas is desperate to save their season and they are at home. I think they win this game, easily.

LOCK OF THE WEEK


ATLANTA
(-3.5) over Cincinnati

It is crazy how much Vegas continues to overrate this Cincinnati team. Atlanta needs to bounce back here and I think they will, easily.


Last week: 4-9-1
Overall: 44-41-5
Lock Picks: 7-9-2

No comments:

Post a Comment