Saturday, October 9, 2010

Week 5 Picks

Another .500 week last week, and I guess it could be worse. I could be putting up losing weeks. Still have a strong overall record on the season. Lets try and get in the positive category this time around.

Home team in CAPS

Lines courtesy of sportsbetting.com

BALTIMORE (-7) over Denver

The team at the top of my power rankings at home against a mediocre team due for a hangover game. Baltimore please.

Kansas City (-7.5) over INDIANAPOLIS

Great line for this one, and it could easily go either way. Lots of factors in this one. Kansas City has obviously overachieved so far on the season so far, while Indianapolis has underachieved based on their expectations. Indy is terrible at stopping the run and the Chiefs have a pair of fantstic backs. The Colts are due for a bounce back and its tough to bet against Peyton Manning coming off a loss. I'm going to take the Chiefs to keep it close, but Indy to win the game. I just have to take the points.

St. Louis (+3) over DETROIT

Another game I'm not completely sold on, as I usually take the points when its between two bad teams, and I think the Rams are better anyway. Its going to be a bad game that I have no interest in watching, so I'm just going to take the points and move on.

Tampa Bay (+7) over CINCINNATI

Speaking of those Bengals, I'm going to keep picking against them until Vegas realizes they aren't very good. Tampa Bay keeps it close, if not wins.

Chicago (+1.5) over CAROLINA

Todd Collins vs Jimmy Clausen. Does anyone actually want to see this game? Its nearly impossible to pick, because the bears would be favored with Cutler in the game, but with Collins who knows what will happen. I still think they win, I just can't but Carolina as a legitimate football team.

Green Bay (-2.5) over WASHINGTON

Ok Washington, here is your chance. At home, against a depleted Packer team, still underdogs. If you can pull this one off, I'll accept you as a legitimate team, if not, you still suck. I'm not counting on them coming through.

HOUSTON (-3) over New York Giants

New York realizes that playing against Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson is a little more challenging than taking on Todd Collins and Johnny Knox. And having an offensive line is great too. Houston wins easily.

San Diego (-6) over OAKLAND

For some reason, Vegas still likes this Raider team. It doesn't make sense. San Diego is rolling right now. They just throughly dominated Arizona and Oakland lost to Houston by a touchdowm last week. San Diego is better than Houston. Its a classic upset type game, but I'm betting on San Diego's talent.

Tennessee (+7) over DALLAS

I think this line is about right, but I think the Titans have a bounce back game against Dallas, who really hasn't been that impressive. I can't not pick my team here, getting a full touchdown.

SAN FRANCISCO (-3.5) over Philadelphia

THIS is the game San Francisco finally gets a win. They are going to crush Kevin Kolb on defense. I like Kolb, I really do, but the Niners couldn't be more desperate. Plus they are at home. Doesn't set up well for a rookie QB who's team abandoned him already this season.

NEW YORK JETS (-4) over Minnesota

Minnesota is a mediocre team, even with Randy Moss. Brett Favre's penis is all over the internet (allegedly). And the Jets are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. What's not to like with New York at home in the Monday Nighter. Nothing.

Second Runner-up Lock of the Week

Jacksonville (+2) over BUFFALO

Buffalo is the worst team in football, yet they are favored here. Likely due to a warm weather team coming into Buffalo, and Jacksonville is the biggest candidate for a hangover there is after beating the Colts last week. I just don't see how Buffalo can stop them. MJD should have a big game and the Bills should drop to 0-5.

First Runner-up Lock of the Week

Atlanta (-3) over CLEVELAND

Atlanta just keeps chugging along. They are the clearly better team here, and I don't see Cleveland putting up much of a fight. Atlanta takes this one easily on the road against a bad opponent who got lucky to escape against Cincinnati with a win last week.

LOCK OF THE WEEK

New Orleans Saints (-7) over ARIZONA

This line should be 13+. Arizona is just awful, fully pathetic. I know the Saints disappointed against Carolina last week, but they will come out and destroy the Cardinals. Only a touchdown? Child Please.

Last Week: 7-7
Overall: 33-25-4
Lock Picks: 4-7-1

No comments:

Post a Comment