Saturday, January 15, 2011

Round Two

Well I went 2-2 for Round 1, but at least my two wins were the important ones. Gotta hope Baltimore and Green Bay pass tough tests today!

Game 1, Saturday 4:30 p.m. EST

Baltimore (+3) over PITTSBURGH

These teams split the regular season, and its always a tough game when these two collide. Both games were decided by 3 points, so odds are this one will as well, based on their style of play. Baltimore was in control of the game Pittsburgh ended up winning until a late Joe Flacco fumble forced by Troy Palamalu ended their chances. I think Flacco comes back for vengeance and leads his team to the AFC Championship game. I think they have better overall balance and more talent.

Game 2, Saturday 8:00 p.m. EST

Green Bay (+2) over ATLANTA

I am riding the hot team here. I picked Green Bay at the start of the season and they are finally firing on all cylinders. I think Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback than Matt Ryan and the Packers defense is better. If they can lock down Roddy White and slow down Turner, the Packers can win this game, despite being on the road against a dominant home team in Atlanta. I trust Aaron Rodgers. It could go either way though, I just have to stubbornly stick with my gut. Either way, whoever wins is going to the Super Bowl.

Game 3, Sunday 1:00 p.m. EST

Seattle (+10)
over CHICAGO

I just don't think Chicago is worthy of getting 10 points in this game. Not after Seattle beat New Orleans, a better team than Chicago, last weekend. They shocked the world, and this one wouldn't be nearly as much of a shock. I like Chicago to win the game, but it will be a lot closer than this line indicates.

Game 4, Sunday 4:30 p.m.

New York Jets (+9)
over NEW ENGLAND

Again, I don't think the Jets will WIN, but I do think they will COVER the 9 points. They are going to get very physical with the Pats, and they have a lot to prove after th 45-3 beat down they took the last time these teams met. But I really expect them to play smarter, run the football, run the clock and limit the amount of possessions Brady gets. How successful they are will determine how close this game is, or even if they could pull off the upset. The line is just too high here.

No comments:

Post a Comment