Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Experience of the first two games in Citi Field History

Because my girlfriend is awesome, she got us tickets to go to the first two games ever played at the brand new Mets ball park, Citi Field, in two exhibition games against the Red Sox. The park is beautiful. I have been bouncing off the walls waiting for baseball and this was a great way to kick off my season. Take in a bit of history. We had to wait in line for a half an hour because stub hub screwed up everyone's tickets, and actually ended up sitting in better seats than we bought because of it the first game. I think the Mets fans will be absolutely pleased with their new ball park. It has a really cool rotunda dedicated to Jackie Robinson and a huge gift shop. The exterior is built to resemble Ebbets Field, the old home of the Brooklyn Dodgers. I was disappointed in the fans the second game, as the Red Sox took a 6-0 lead in the first inning and the rest of the game the fans continuously threw their trash onto the field. It was a mess. But I guess you can't expect higher of New Yorkers. I had a great time, and am completely ready for this season to start! What about you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment