Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Blog returns for a big NFL preview!

Boy was I wrong on those baseball picks! Sorry for the extremely long layoff in my blog, but football is back, and I have predictions to make (and probably get wrong) again! I will be sticking around this time (I can hear the boos already) for lots of football talk for the season. Sorry to anyone who missed me. There had to be one right? Right???

Anyway, here we go, my big NFL preview:

Some thoughts:

The AFC and NFC South divisions are the best in football.

The NFC West, again, is terrible.

If San Diego doesn’t win the AFC West, I will never make another NFL prediction as long as I live.

The Colts, Giants and Vikings all fail to make the playoffs this season.

The Texans, Saints and Seahawks do not.

My Titans will beat the Ravens in the playoffs this season.

The Steelers however, are a much more imposing challenge.

There are 5 teams that can win the Super Bowl this season: New England, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Philadelphia and Green Bay.

There are also 5 teams that could go winless this season: Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Oakland, St. Louis and San Francisco.

The Patriots are going to come close to the offense of two years ago, but the defense will fail them in the most crucial of situations.

Philadelphia and Green Bay are the most complete teams in football, I believe that they have the best chance at winning it all.

Pittsburgh’s schedule is soft as a pillow, and I think this may hurt them come playoff time.

AFC Playoffs
Round 1
1. Pittsburgh BYE
2. New England BYE

3. San Diego W
6. Texans

4. Tennessee W
5. Baltimore

Round 2
1. Pittsburgh W
4. Tennessee

2. New England W
3. San Diego

AFC Championship
1. Pittsburgh
2. New England W

NFC
Round 1
1. Green Bay BYE
2. Philadelphia BYE

3. New Orleans W
6. Carolina

4. Seattle
5. Atlanta W

Round 2
1. Green Bay W
5. Atlanta

2. Philadelphia W
3. New Orleans

NFC Championship
1. Green Bay W
2. Philadelphia

Super Bowl
1.Green Bay
2.New England

and……..



Green Bay wins the Super Bowl. Rodgers is ready for a breakout season and they are a team no one is really talking about. Grant is going to be better than last season, Jennings is a stud, the weapons are all there and the defense is underrated. They are going to have extra motivation because everyone is picking the Vikings, with Favre at the helm, as Super Bowl contenders. I love this team to be hoisting the Lombardi this year, with Rodgers as both the regular season and Super Bowl MVP.

Here's a breakdown of how I feel each team will fare through the season:

AFC East
New England 14-2
Buffalo 5-11
New York Jets 3-13
Miami 3-13

AFC South
Tennessee 12-4
Texans 12-4
Indianapolis 10-6
Jacksonville 10-6

AFC North
Pittsburgh 15-1
Baltimore 12-4
Cincinatti 6-10
Cleveland 1-15

AFC West
San Diego 14-2
Denver 4-12
Kansas City 4-12
Oakland 1-15

NFC East
Philadelphia 13-3
Redskins 11-5
Dallas 8-8
New York Giants 5-11

NFC South
New Orleans 12-4
Atlanta 12-4
Carolina 12-4
Tampa Bay 1-15

NFC North
Green Bay 14-2
Chicago 11-5
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 3-13

NFC West
Seattle 8-8
Arizona 7-9
San Francisco 2-14
St. Louis 1-15

I hope you enjoyed my return. I won’t be going anywhere for a while, and there will be so much more NFL in the coming months for you to read, and love, or hate, either way, it will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment