Saturday, October 31, 2009

Week 8 Picks

BALTIMORE (-3.5) over Denver
I just think that Denver's undefeated streak has to stop at some point. The Ravens are at home and coming off a bye. I think it ends this week.

Cleveland (+13) over CHICAGO
Now I hate Cleveland. I predicted they'd win one game, and I think Chicago will win the game. I just see this one being close. Chicago hasn't shown me anything recently that tells me they can blow anyone out. I could definitely see Cleveland pulling off a cover here.

GREEN BAY (-3) over Minnesota
Obviously the game of the week. I sure hope the Green Bay fans come out and boo the hell out of traitor Favre. I predicted back when Minnesota won on their home field that the result would reverse in Lambeau. Who am I to change that now? Aaron Rodgers is going to hopefully stay off his back in this one and the pressure of coming home gets to Favre. Packers win.

INDIANAPOLIS (-13.5) over San Fransisco
I just think the Colts are playing too well to pick against them at this point. I think they can blow out any team that's not really good. The 49ers are not really good, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Miami (+3.5) over NEW YORK JETS
Miami won last time, the Jets haven't shown me that they have improved, and Miami hasn't shown me that they have gotten worse. I think the result will be the same here. Miami just matches up really well with the Jets.

DETROIT (-3.5) over St. Louis
Wow, a game that Detroit is favored in. and I am taking them with confidence. The Rams are an absolute mess, even worse than the Lions. Stafford and Calvin Johnson are coming back. They are at home. I have to take Detroit. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 St. Louis Rams!

SAN DIEGO (-16.5) over Oakland
This is the biggest line we have seen this year. It comes as a reaction to all the favorites winning in blow outs last week. I don't care what the line is, I still like San Diego. The Chargers seem to be settling in and the Raiders are checking out. San Diego should massacre them.

ARIZONA (-10) over Carolina
Each week, Arizona looks more and more like the team that made it to the Super Bowl last year. This week they get a miserable Carolina team at home. Shouldn't be close.

PHILADELPHIA (+1) over New York Giants
These two are both going backward, but I like the Eagles better than the Giants. Hopefully the crowd gets into it and they can stop their backpeddling and send the Giants back to 5-3, only two games above .500. They'd be lucky to finish two games above .500 on the season.

Atlanta (+11) over NEW ORLEANS
I love the Saints and they are the clear best team in the league, but I still have quite a bit of faith in this Falcons team. I think they should make this one a close game.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week
DALLAS (-9.5) over Seattle
This game may not look like a big one on paper, but in my opinion, its huge for Dallas. They can't have a hangover game here. They had a huge game last week and they need to do the same thing again. Seattle is a bad team, blow them out. If not, you go back to being nothing more than a mediocre, middle of the road, going nowhere team, Dallas.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week
Jacksonville (+3) over TENNESSEE
How is Tennessee favored in this game? Jacksonville blew them out last time. They haven't gotten any better. They put that much faith in Vince Young. Sure, I'd love to see him come in there and lead the team to victory, but I can't see it happening, especially in his first game back. Jacksonville takes this one over the pathetic Titans. Baffled by that line.

Lock Of The Week
Houston (-3.5) over BUFFALO
Houston has too much offense for Buffalo. I think this could get ugly and the line is just a reaction to Buffalo being at home and winning a couple of games in a row.

Last Week: 10-2-1
Overall: 58-44-1
Lock Picks: 13-8

No comments:

Post a Comment