Saturday, November 14, 2009

NFL Picks: Week 10

Final week before byes are all done and we get back to 16 games a week. Here we go:

NEW YORK JETS (-6.5) over Jacksonville
The Jets are coming off a bye, they're at home, they need this win to keep their playoff hopes alive, and Jacksonville isn't very good. A lot of things point to the Jets in this one.

Cincinnatti (+7) over PITTSBURGH
Like I said, I'm never underestimating Cincinnati again. they can hang with anyone, even the defending champs. They keep this one within a touchdown. I can't wait for this game, its going to be fantastic.

TENNESSEE (-8.5) over Buffalo
The Buffalo Bills give up more rushing yards than any team in football. Chris Johnson is an absolute monster. These factors combine for an ugly day for the Bills. The march to 10-6 rolls on!

MINNESOTA (-16.5) over Detroit
Minnesota should have no trouble against the hapless Lions. If Seattle can beat them by 12, Minnesota should be able to win by 24. They are at least twice as good. I can't pick the Lions any more, they just fail every time out.


MIAMI (-10) over Tampa Bay
Just because Tampa trampled Green Bay's awful O-line last week doesn't mean that they are any better than we thought. Miami will run the ball down their throat with the wildcat. They are a far different team from Green Bay, and that is why I have no problem laying 10 points on Miami in this one.

Kansas City (+2) over OAKLAND
You should know my theory by now when two bad teams are playing each other. Take the points. Even if it is only two of them, I like the Chiefs.

ARIZONA (-8.5) over Seattle
Arizona is vastly superior to Seattle. I got this one completely wrong before the season and I'm totally willing to admit it. Give me Arizona all day. They should blow Seattle out of the building.

SAN DIEGO (-1) over Eagles
This one could go either way (no kidding dummy, that's why its a one point line). I like San Diego at home. The Eagles didn't impress me last week, the Chargers did. I still don't know what to make of the Eagles. I want to like them, but I don't know. I like the Chargers and think they are hitting their stride.

GREEN BAY (+3) over Dallas
Oh Green Bay, I wish I knew how to quit you. It's a must win game in Lambeau in November. I know Dallas will get 8 sacks. But I still think that the Packers can pull off the upset. I am probably an idiot.

INDIANAPOLIS (-3) over New England
I originally picked the Patriots but I'm switching to the Colts. Peyton is too good in Prime time and my friend put the kiss of death by betting on the Pats. I like Indy.

Baltimore (-11) over CLEVELAND
The Ravens will win easily. Cleveland is the worst team in football right now. My boy Ray Rice is in for a field day on that horrible Browns defense. They win by three touchdowns if not more.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week
New Orleans (-14) over ST. LOUIS
Why is the best team in football only two touchdown favorites over the St. Louis Rams? Are they that scared of Steven Jackson? I know the Saints can be run on, but come on. This will be an awful game that is never in doubt. I can't believe how low this line is. This is the Florida vs. Charleston Southern of the NFL.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week
Atlanta (-1.5) over CAROLINA
Atlanta is thoroughly better than Carolina, so this is just a puzzling line. Carolina is home and Deangelo Williams has played great lately, but they still aren't winning. Atlanta should make this one easy. No idea why they aren't 7 point favorites.

Lock Of The Week
Denver (-4) over WASHINGTON
Denver has looked awful the last two weeks and exposed themselves as worse than they had been playing. So Vegas overreacted and made this line only 4. They seem to have forgotten that Washington is downright awful. Denver should have an easy time dismantling the Skins, as Vegas shows them no respect.

Last Week: 7-6
Overall: 71-57-1
Lock Picks: 16-11

No comments:

Post a Comment