Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 9 NFL Picks

ATLANTA (-8.5) over Washington
Washington is absolutely terrible, and Atlanta is still pretty good. This should be a two touchdown game.

Arizona (+3) over CHICAGO
I know Arizona laid an egg against Carolina last week but I still trust them more than I trust this Bears team. I'll definitely take the dog in this one. Arizona is the better team.

Baltimore (-3) over CINCINNATI
I like both of these teams a lot, but I really believe in Baltimore. I think they are one of the premier teams in the league. Cincinnati hasn't quite shown me that they are yet. I expect a close game though, and this could very well turn out a push.

Houston (+8.5) over INDIANAPOLIS
Houston is a much better team than San Fransisco, and San Fran kept it close against Indy. I honestly think this could be the week Indy loses. Houston is a hot team right now and they can beat you in a lot of ways. I'll definitely take those points.

NEW ENGLAND (-10.5) over Miami
I don't think Miami is very good. They have proven they can't hang with elite teams, and New England is an elite team. Its also in frosty New England. I just don't think Miami matches up well with this Patriot team. They can be thrown on.

Kansas City (+6.5) over Jacksonville
Call it a hunch, but I think Kansas City can hang with the Jaguars. If the Titans can blow them out, Kansas City can keep it close. I think losing Larry Johnson actually helps this team, as it lets Jamal Charles, the better back, get the bulk of the carries for the first time. I definitely think KC can pull off this upset, so I am taking the points.

NEW ORLEANS (-13) over Carolina
New Orleans is definitely two touchdowns better than Carolina. This line should be at least 17. The best team in the league will not roll over in this one.

Tennessee (+4) over San Fransisco
Ok, I'll admit it. It was nice to see my Titans win a game last week. Very, very nice. So nice to the point where I am fully back on the Vince Young bandwagon and think he can lead the team to victory once again against an over-rated Niners team. Come on Vince! Come on Chris Johnson! You can do it again!

PHILADELPHIA (-3) over Dallas
Should be an excellent, high octane game that remains close. I don't love one team in this game, but I think Philly is a little better and they are at home, so I'll take them.

Pittsburgh (-3) over DENVER
I think Denver got a little bit exposed last week. The Ravens were highly effective in stopping their offense, and Pittsburgh should be able to follow in their footsteps. Should be low scoring, but I will take the favorites. Can't wait to watch it though.

Second Runner Up Lock of the Week
San Diego (+4.5) over NEW YORK GIANTS
San Diego should be favored in this game. Vegas continues to think the Giants are good, even when their on field performance proves otherwise. You know my thoughts on how bad they are, San Diego should cruise.

First Runner Up Lock of the Week
Detroit (+10) over SEATTLE
Both of these teams are just about equally awful, so why not take the team that has a 10 point cushion? I couldn't tell you who will win this one straight up. I think you are getting a bit of a gift because the line is an over-reaction to Detroit losing to the Rams. Calvin Johnson will be back in this one, I can't pick against those 10 points.

Lock Of The Week
Green Bay (-10) over TAMPA BAY
Seriously? Just 10 points? Why? This is a stupid line. Tampa can not hang with anyone in the league, let alone Green Bay. I'd be surprised if Tampa scores more than 7 points.

Last Week: 6-7
Overall: 64-51-1
Lock Picks: 15-9

No comments:

Post a Comment