Sunday, March 22, 2009

Now this is what this tournament needed!

Today was by far the best day of the tournament. So many great games! Thrilling, exhilarating, down to the wire, I hope the Sweet 16 brings more like this.

As I mentioned in my comment to my biggest reader and supporter on the last post, I hit on every remaining of my Sweet 16 picks, making me 13 of 16, just like I said I needed to do. I had quite a few scares along the way though.

Syracuse handled Arizona State in a game that was never really in doubt. Wisconsin came up short against Xavier, who really impressed me. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part for Wisconsin. Kansas easily handled Dayton, as I thought they would. too bad for the Flyers. Arizona, who didn't even belong in the tournament in the first place, moved into the Sweet 16 over Cinderella Cleveland State. Louisville held off quite an effort from Sienna.

The Pittsburgh game provided me with quite a few scares throughout. Oklahoma was just knocking down every shot they took. However, they went cold in the second half and despite their best efforts, Pitt proved too good in the clutch. They just have so many weapons. I love this team.

Marquette and Missouri was a heart-stopping battle. I was very impressed by how well Marquette was able to storm back after being down so big. In the end though, the better team won. Missouri will have their hands full with Memphis, but I think they can pull it off.

And finally, Michigan state won yet another amazing game with USC. This one had me sweating bullets. Michigan State is not a team that is going to dominate people. They win with tough defense and strong rebounding. They win ugly. They give their fans a heart attack every time, but they keep winning. I hope it continues.

Finally my bracket looks decent. Next round separates bracket pool contenders. Here's hoping my picks will still look alright when we hit the Elite 8. Until next time, keep the comments coming. Thanks for taking the time to read.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is impressive that you got all of your picks right. Do you have a link to that bracket? I'd love to check it out. That is very impressive. It must not be on Yahoo or ESPN though because no one there has a perfect bracket. So yeah if you have the link I'd love to see who you have the rest of the way. as always, thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it is not online anywhere. I didnt join an ESPN or a Yahoo. But I am perfect. Just like in life I am perfect. I AM THE CROWN JEWEL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Geez, is that guy secretly Tuan??? LOL I am running at 72.91 % in my bracket. 35/48 picks correct so far. Not bad for a basketball moron... I have 20 bucks on whether I can get 51% or better overall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing about having a good bracket though Donte, is that you need to do well in the late rounds. The point values multiply each round. I am feeling very good about my bracket because I can still have a perfect Elite 8. You have a final 4 team already out, which really hurts you. Good luck at that 51% though. With your bracket I will be simply amazed.

    ReplyDelete