Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet 16, Here We Go!

So excited for the slate of games tonight! Every game should be close, and honestly, all four of them could go either way.

1 UConn vs. 5 Purdue
I have Purdue on my bracket, but I think they will have a tough time. I am hoping this huge recruiting scandal will play with UConn's heads a little bit. I have to stay with my pick, because I'm not one to flip-flop from my bracket, even though UConn has looked very impressive. This will be their first real test. I hope they will fail.

1 Pittsburgh vs. 4 Xavier
I don't think Xavier matches up well with Pittsburgh. I think they have no answer for Levance Fields and no way to stop Dejuan Blair. If any game is going to be decided by more than 10 points (which I don't think will happen, just saying this one has the best chance), I would pick this one. Xavier's run ends here.

2 Memphis vs. 3 Missouri
This will be the game of the night, if not the whole tournament. Two teams with powerful press defenses square off in what will certainly be a physical fight. I like Missouri, and have from the start. I think they will be too much for Evans to handle and will be riding high off an emotional win over Marquette. Memphis has not faced a team of this caliber all season, and I can't see them rising up and taking down Missouri.

2 Duke vs. 3 Villanova
Another phenomenal game. Its unfortunate we won't be able to see both. I have Duke winning here, where it seems most people expect Villanova to pull the upset. Coach K gets the Blue Devils one more round. Duke is the more talented team and they have been on fire lately. Villanova will not be as lucky as they were when they were playing with their home crowd behind them. Duke wins a close one.

1 comment:

  1. So I thought you said you were going to be unbiased? You clearly said you hope UConn will fail. Also I would like to point out that you said you hope this recruiting scandal hurts UConn. It won't, but again you are being unbiased. My picks are going to be correct, you should start asking for my advice. I have UConn, Xavier, Missouri and Nova. You sound like a prick.

    ReplyDelete